Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Omnipresence of God - Joanna

God's omnipresence is not just a complete presence of power or will, as some poeple may imply, but it is a total presence of Himself. This is backed by the verse Jeremiah 23:24--"Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?" declares the Lord. "Do I not fill heaven and earth?" declares the Lord.

1973, Zondervan, NIV, Jeremiah 23:24
____________________________________________________________________

God's omnipresence is significant because he is always there, always surrounding us, and always listening to us. His presence is a great source of comfort for Christians during sadness, anxiety, and stress. We don't have to travel somewhere to talk to God, since He is already with us, enveloping us in his presence.

The Knowledge of the Holy, A.W. Tozer, 1961, pg.81-82
____________________________________________________________________

"And surely I am with you always to the end of the age."

Matthew 28:20b, NIV, Zondervan, 1973
____________________________________________________________________

As Jesus entered the village of Capernum, a Roman captain came up in a terrible panic and said, "Master, my servant is sick. He can't walk. He's in terrible pain."
Jesus said, "I'll come and heal him."
"Oh, no," said the captain. "I don't want to put you to all that trouble. Just give the order and my servant will be fine. I'm a man who gives orders. I tell one soldier, 'Go,' and he goes; to another, 'Come,' and he comes; to my slave, 'Do this,' and he does it.
Then Jesus turned to the saptain and said, "Go. what you believed could happen has happened." At that moment his servant became well.

The Message, Matthew 8:5-9, 13, copyright 2003, Eugene H. Peterson
____________________________________________________________________

Story of Jonah, how he tried to run from God, but he could never escape God's presence.

Jonah 1:3, NIV, 1973, Zomdervan

No comments:

Post a Comment